Growing up, I wanted to be a fashion designer or a vet.
So, when I first started sewing, it was OBVIOUSLY not great, but I’d need to learn for whichever job I chose right?! Spoiler alert… I didn’t choose either of them in the end
But hey, starting something new isn’t for the faint of heart. I get it, but if you’re here, that tells me a few things about you:
✨you’re ready to see your creativity flourish
you feel your creative spirit in your soul
and you just *might* be interested in painting with watercolor too…
Oh hey, we have three things in common already!
Here’s the thing, sometimes we’re the most afraid of starting something because we don’t feel *ready*…
But you know what? Most of the time we’re never really ready…
In this blog, I’m sharing 10 unbelievable things you never knew about learning watercolor — because sometimes you don’t have to feel ready, you just need to start.
You can start with something as simple as coffee or wine.
If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. -Vincent Van Gogh
2. You can even paint beautiful paintings with children’s palettes — you don’t need crazy supplies. You just need to start and keep going.
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. -Pablo Picasso
3. It’s meditative.
Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures. -Henry Ward Beecher
4. Art is good for your brain.
Art is Art. Everything else is everything else. -Ad Reinhardt
5. Art MATTERS—it matters for your body, mind, and soul.
That’s why people listen to music or look at paintings. To get in touch with that wholeness. -Corita Kent
6. Learning watercolor gives you the skills to see beauty in everyday things (that you might not typically see as beautiful.)
Without art, the crudeness of reality would make the world unbearable. -George Bernard Shaw
7. Painting connects you to your emotions.
Art is the concrete representation of our most subtle feelings. -Agnes Martin
8. Learning something new is hard — but by leaning into the discomfort, you learn courage.
Creativity takes courage. – Henri Matisse
9. You’ll make mistakes, sure — but you’ll learn from them.
A line is a dot that went for a walk. – Paul Klee
10. You can paint things you don’t have words to explain.
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for. – Georgia O-Keefe
11. Art brings light into the darkness of the world BECAUSE we were called to be creative by the Original Creative.
To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts – such is the duty of the artist. -Robert Schumann
In this blog I went over 10 UNBELIEVABLE things you never knew you needed to know about learning watercolor.
So, What are you waiting for?! Grab the ULTIMATE WATERCOLOR SUPPLIES FREEBIE and get started!
And if you’re ready to start your watercolor journey, click that button below so you don’t miss out!